Use Product Selector
Whether you are new to fuel polishing or experienced in the field, our NEW interactive product selector is a quick and easy tool to choose the ideal system for you.
Supplying our existing customers with a wide range of spares including filter elements, seals and conditioners. We provide a range of delivery options including worldwide shipping and rapid UK services, ensuring minimal, if any disruption to your fuel cleaning.
Our impressive product gallery gives an insight
into our endless capability.
WIDE RANGE OF PREVIOUS BUILDSActual live working systems, not computer generated examples
CUSTOMISED SYSTEMS BUILT TO YOUR REQUIREMENTSBespoke systems designed and built to meet all your needs
IN-HOUSE EXPERTISEDesigned by our in house electrical, mechanical and fuel expert engineers
Why Choose WASP PFS Ltd?
Complete Product Range
WASP PFS Ltd provide complete fuel cleaning solutions with our extensive range of products and services. From quality fuel polishing systems, to fuel additives, pumps, filters, oil change systems, fuel conditioners and professional fuel testing services.
Built to your specifications
Do you need something specific? Our in-house team of experts can discuss your requirements and provide the ultimate solution using the latest in fuel polishing technology.
Developing and testing new technologies
At WASP PFS Ltd, we are passionate about Fuel Polishing. We constantly strive to develop our range of products. By testing new mechanical, electrical and filtering technologies we are always at the cutting edge of Fuel Polishing.
We are a fuel filter manufacturer who takes pride in the quality of our products; which is why we are ISO9001 accredited. Systems are built to a high standard with only the best quality pumps, filters, fittings and electrical components to provide durability and powerful results.
Worldwide Supplier Network
With a large network of international suppliers, most of whom are also users of the systems, there is always an experienced WASP PFS Ltd Representative near to you.
Supporting you with expert knowledge
With over 50 years combined experience in fuel cleaning, we provide you with expert knowledge and experience from project proposal stage and design, to supply, installation and product support.
Fuel Polishing, Fuel Cleaning Systems and Services - WASP PFS Ltd
- Bacterial infection/ bacteria
- See microbial growth
- Chemical treatment for bacterial infections in fuel.
- Biomass is organic matter derived from living, or recently living organisms.
- An organic matter by product. In fuel where a bacterial infection has been present, it often appears as a film or hard matter lining a tank’s inner surfaces or choking the diameter of pipe work.
- (standing for building management system) is a remote control and monitoring solution, designed to allow pieces of equipment to communicate with each other.
- A key feature of the W-PFS range which separates emulsified water and particulate to 2 micron.
- Contamination / contaminates
- This is anything that is in the fuel which should not be there. This can include dirt (see particulates) bacteria (see microbial infection) and water (see free water and emulsified water). Find out more about contamination.
- Diesel Bug
- See fuel bug.
- Direct inject engine
- This are the modern form of engines. These work at much higher pressures than normal engines.
- A world-wide collection of businesses who distribue our products to companies locally to them. Find out more about our World-wide Distributor Network.
- Sometimes referred to as a filter. It is the piece of a fuel cleaner which collects contaminates.
- The higher the emissions, the more it will cost the company. Contaminated fuel causes higher emissions, whereas filtered fuel significantly reduces emissions.
- Emulsified water
- Emulsified water is the water which is not separated. It is mixed in with the fuel and sludge (see sludge)
- Frequently asked questions about fuel, WASP PFS Ltd and Fuel Polishing.
- Filter / Filtering
- A porous device for removing impurities or solid particles from a liquid or gas passed through it. Straining.
- Fuel Bug
- A common bacterial infection in diesel fuel.
- Fuel Testing
- Test to check fuel for water, contamination and bacterial content.
- Free water
- Free water is the water that has been separated from the diesel before the fuel polishing process has begun. Find out more about contamination.
- Fuel additive
- Fuel additives are substances or products that are added to fuel to improve its quality, or to prevent something like bacterial or fungal infection from happening. As an example, our WASP Biokem SP15 is excellent at killing bacteria and fungi in fuel, which can lead to clogged filters.
- Fuel filters
- Fuel filters are products that are added to a fuel system in an attempt to filter out contaminants such as water and dirt so as to ensure proper functioning. Our industry leading fuel filters provide great protection for virtually any type of fuel system. Alt: Brandstoffilter (Dutch)
- Fuel polishing
- Fuel polishing is an industry buzz word that simply means fuel cleaning. It really is as simple as that with no 'magical' element to it. You may also hear it described less so as fuel conditioning, but regardless of how its described, the service is the same. Fuel that is cleaned with one of our fuel cleaning systems will ultimately last longer, meaning less waste and will hopefully keep your equipment free of damage that is normally attributed to dirty fuel. ALT: Kraftstoff Polieren (German), yakıt parlatma (Turkish), پرداخت سوخت (Persian), تلميع الوقود (Arabic), polering brændstof (Danish), brandstof polijsten (Dutch), polissage de carburant (French), polerowanie paliwa (Polish), el pulido de combustible (Spanish).
- Fuel related breakdowns
- Fuel related breakdowns happen when the fuel in a back-up generator has not been cleaned. The unclean/contaminated fuel causes higher emissions and breakdowns’, which reduces the back-up generator’s ability to work efficiently or at all.
- Filter System Alt: filtratie system (Dutch)
- These turn liquid diesel into spray, which increases the surface area so that it can be burnt, and thus removed.
- Heating oil
- Fuel stored in a tank for use for heating purposes in properties not on the national grid.
- We have been in the industry for more than 25 years. Read more.
- Markets such as Data centres, Construction, Marine, Finance, Stocks and Shares, Healthcare etc.
- A contamination in fuel which effects quality and renders fuel out of spec.
- ISO standards
- ISO International Standards ensure that products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality. For business, they are strategic tools that reduce costs by minimizing waste and errors, and increasing productivity.
- Lit/min stands for the flow rate, which is the number of litres per minute that a system can clean.
- Alternative expression for WASP Fuel Polishing Unit.
- Microbial growth
- Bacteria that grows in the diesel, particularly when there is water. Find out more about contamination.
- Microns are the ratings which denote what particles are filtered through the systems. For example, 30 microns will not allow anything that is 30 microns or bigger through the filter. Conversely, 2 microns will not allow anything bigger than 2 microns through the filter. This is why we are always innovating to reduce the microns down to 1 and 0.5 microns.
- Particles / particulates
- Solid matter that should not be in the fuel. For example, dust, rust or sand. Find out more about contamination.
- a viscous liquid derived from petroleum, especially for use as a fuel or lubricant.
- PLC control
- Programmable logic controller
- Polish / polishing / fuel polishing
- Term created by WASP PFS Ltd to explain cleaning fuel to a low mircon level, removing water, contaminations and sediment.
- Quality Fuel
- Fuel is typically measured by ISO specifications. If the fuel quality meets or exceeds the ISO standards, then this is classed as good quality fuel.
- This is dirt/particles in the diesel which have a heavier gravity than the diesel. Find out more about contamination
- Separ are the largest fuel polishing and fuel filtration supplier in Europe, supplying fuel filtration and preservation equipment to the generator, marine, building services, truck, bus and heavy equipment markets since 1980’s.
- The result of contaminated fuel (see contamination) and microbial growth
- Replacement parts for our units which include elements (filters) and gaskets.
- Specification (fuel)
- The specification that all gas oils/ fuels must meet.
- Standby / back-up generator
- A generator that is used for emergencies when there is a shortage of power or a power failure (see fuel related breakdowns)
- a porous device for removing impurities or solid particles from a liquid or gas passed through it.
- Alternative term for our fuel polishing units.
- WASP PFS
- Stands for WASP Pure Fuel Systems.
- Water Separator
- Filter to remove water in fuel. ALT: Wasserabscheider
- WB is our classic range of fuel cleaning units.
- W-PFS is our premium range of fuel cleaning units.