We recognise the need to be environmentally sound in this world, and to that end, please find following our official environment policy. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact us.
Introduction and aim
WASP PFS Ltd (a Separ UK company) is a partnership business distributing and assembling fuel filtration equipment, operating from a site in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire. Our main products are the WASP fuel filters, fuel polishing systems and other associated products.
We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management, office services, assembly, warehousing, packing delivery and procurement. The Quality Representative is responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
We aim to:
- Reuse all materials wherever possible, including but not limited to packing materials, pallets, paper, metal, etc
- Reduce fuel consumption and the emissions by endeavouring to source materials and goods locally where possible
- Reduce the generation of general wastes
- Reduce the use of electrical power
- Inform all customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- Inform all existing customers and suppliers about our environmental policy and, thereafter all new customers and suppliers
- Define good housekeeping for solvent use (assembly functions), ensure all employees receive training in good housekeeping and incorporate this training into the induction programme for new starters
- Introduce a management system to reduce the amount of waste being disposed of
Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through bi-annual management meetings.